Thursday, May 24, 2012

Impact of Attitude

"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes."

~ Charles R. Swindoll


5 comments:

  1. So very true ... a great attitude is great character - like this a lot.

    BTW the John Piper quote is from his book This Momentary Marriage. Have you read it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read that book yet, but will put it on my list of books to read now that you mention it! I really appreciate good books on marriage. What did you like best about it?

      Delete
  2. my dad made me memorize this when i was a teenager. apparently, i had a bad attitude! ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol But that's a cool idea that he had you memorize it...I think I'll do that with my ten year old :)

      Delete
  3. Brilliant quote - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...