"A Calling to Be Queen
(...of the Home)
1. Homemaking is a priority-I love Titus 2:3-5 because it so clearly spells out God's will for my life (and yours, too!) as a Christian woman.
2. Homemaking is a privilege-Being a queen is a privilege...just as "making" and "building" a home is a privilege.
3. Homemaking is about people-Home is a place where people live.
4. Homemaking is also about a place-A model home has no people. That's true. But it's also true that if there are people living in your house, then you should make that place a lovely home, a place for your loved ones.
5. Homemaking is a passion-not a prison.
6. Homemaking is a profession-As we all know, homemaking is a challenging and diverse career in itself.
7. Homemaking is a matter for prayer-The simple act of praying for our "palace" and our homemaking and for the loved ones for whom we are "making" the home transforms our physical efforts into a great spiritual work with eternal value.
8. Homemaking is permanent-Our high calling to homemaking is not only an important calling, but it is a permanent calling. Why? Because wherever you are, that's where your home is.
9. Homemaking sets a pattern-Titus 2:3-5 tells us what the older women are to do-they are to teach "good things" and train and model for others what a godly woman is and what a godly woman does.
10. Homemaking is a practice-and is to be practiced. An excellent (and encouraging!) time-management principle is "repetition is the mother of skill."
~taken from A Woman's High Calling by Elizabeth George