"How to Begin Goal Setting [in your finances]
1. Clear out a one hour block of time in your schedule this week.
2. Sit down with a blank piece of paper...and ask yourself, "Where do I want to be financially five years from now?"
3. Write down everything that comes to mind.
4. After you've brainstormed a bunch of ideas, go back through them and choose three goals.
5. Write down your three goals.
6. Break your goals into bit-sized, measurable pieces.
7. Post your goals in a conspicuous location and review them often.
8. Reward yourself for a job well done."
~As quoted in The Money Saving Mom's Budget, Ch.1 by Crystal Paine