"A wife, if she is very generous, may allow that her husband lives up to eighty percent of her expectations. There is always the other twenty percent that she would like to change, and she may chip away at it for the whole of their married life without reducing it by very much. She may, on the other hand, simply decide to enjoy the eighty percent, and both of them will be happy."
Friday, September 21, 2012
Friday, September 14, 2012
Monday, September 10, 2012
"Alphabetical Guide for Christians...
A-ttend church faithfully.
B-e careful in all things.
C-onsider well; then decide positively.
D-o right; fear to do wrong.
E-ndure hardships with calmness.
F-orsake not your family.
G-o no place that will ruin character.
H-ate no one. Do good to everyone.
I-gnore no one; practice hospitality.
J-oin hands with the righteous.
K-eep your mind pure.
L-ie not for any consideration.
M-inister unto the needy.
O-ppose things that are evil.
P-ay your debts promptly.
Q-uestion not the honesty of a friend.
S-acrifice money rather than principle.
T-hink before you speak.
U-se your time wisely.
W-atch your temper.
X-ray your thoughts before speaking.
Y-ield not to discouragements.
Z-ealousy labor for the right, and spiritual success is certain."
Friday, September 7, 2012
Tuesday, September 4, 2012
"Six Ways to Bring Out the Best in People
1. Keep courtesy and consideration for others foremost in your mind, at home and away.
2. Try to have fun without trying to be funny.
3. While you can't control what happens to you, you can control how you react. Make good manners an automatic reaction.
4. Seek individual opportunities to offer a genuine compliment.
5. Remember that sincerity, optimism, and enthusiasm are more welcome than sarcasm, pessimism, and laziness.
6. Laugh with others, never at them."
~taken from Wooden by John Wooden with Steve Jamison