Thursday, March 22, 2012

Inspirational Poem by Unknown Confederate Soldier

I asked God for strength that I might achieve.
I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.
I asked for health that I might do greater things.
I was given infirmity that I might do better things.
I asked for riches that I might be happy.
I was given poverty that I might be wise.
I asked for power that I might have the praise of men.
I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God.
I asked for all things that I might enjoy life.
I was given life that I might enjoy all things.
I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I hoped for.
Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.
I am, among all men, most richly blessed.

Written by: Unknown Confederate Soldier, aka The Creed for the Disabled


4 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy- Thanks for your comment on my blog (embracinggrace) Your blog is such a good idea. I love reading and reviewing Christian books- fiction and nonfiction. Your blog is a great resource

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! That poem gave me chill bumps!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...