Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Helpful Tip Tuesday: Words For A Friend



"Words a Friend Would Love to Hear

Jesus taught, 'Treat others as you want them to treat you' (Luke 6:31 TLB). Make a list of words that you would like to hear and then use those same words to bless others. If there are words you would like to hear, chances are there are others out there who would like to hear them too.

Below are some of my favorites:

*You bring out the best in me.
*You are an inspiration to me.
*I love to hear how God is working in your life.
*How can I pray for you today?
*I can help you with that.
*I'd like your opinion.
*What do you think?
*You teach me so much about friendship.
*You inspire me to be a better person.
*You are a great wife, mother, friend, etc.
*Can I bring you dinner tonight?
*I believe in you.
*You can accomplish anything God has called you to do.
*I am so glad we are friends.
*Yep, you made a mistake. Now, let's put it behind us and move on.
*You won't see me throwing the first stone.
*We all make mistakes.
*Thank you for...
*I am hurting with you.
*I don't understand either.
*Will you help me_____________? You are so good at it.
*What can I do to help you reach your goal?
*You are such a good friend.
*I have learned so much from you.
*I want to be like you when I grow up."

~taken from The Power of a Woman's Words by Sharon Jaynes

***What words do your friends tell you that make you feel loved and special? Please share them in the comments below!

3 comments:

  1. Good post! I always like to read these kinds of post for they encourage me to love well.
    I just wrote a post this morning about a friend, I just could tell she was feeling down.
    My friends will say I have a cozy home and they love the peace they feel here. And the most precious one is that I hear the Lord.
    I am blessed with many friends, I love the scripture that is" Refresh others and you yourself will be refreshed."
    Blessings, Roxy
    Have you stopped in to visit yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I talked to you, you make me feel loved and cared for. The words are so important, even more is the spirit of listing and truly caring that is behind them. I love how a good friend (you) can remind me of the past ways God has worked in my life. I remember one thing I love that your mom says that it is comforting to have a friend say "That you can tell me anything and I won't be shocked". I remember when she said that I thought, that is such and important aspect of friendship! You can tell me anything that you are going through and I will accept you. Love this post, I will have to get this book. I can rally see how words of affirmation help my children and are so important in any relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all things I don't say to friends often enough. Thanks for sharing. Next time I meet up with a friend I'm going to encourage them with some of these. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...