Friday, June 22, 2012

More Roadside Church Signs

    Need to laugh a little?

Need to be inspired?

Need to be stirred in your thinking?

      I don't know about you, but I love to read the signs outside of church buildings. They are usually such clever, witty, and wise words about God, Christianity, and life. These church signs are not that big, so the sayings have to be short and powerful. I have to admit that in my life there have been a few times I have been going through a struggle and I'm surprised as I've driven by a church and read their sign. It spoke right to my heart about the issue at hand. God will use what He needs to in order to speak to me!


     So, as I was shopping one day I found this little book, More Roadside Church Signs Across America by Mary Compton and David Compton and had to buy it. It's a perfect little coffee table book or bedtime reading. It's filled with short honest truths. Here are some I wanted to share with you:


"Morality, like art, consists in drawing a line somewhere."

"GRACE: God's Riches At Christ's Expense."

"Practice makes perfect, so be careful what you practice."

"Life is like tennis: Serve well and you seldom lose."

"A hypocrite is a person who's not himself on Sunday."

"Why don't you stop trying to figure God out and start 
trying to figure Him in?"


"Christianity is a pilgrimage, not a sightseeing tour."

"You can give without loving but you cannot love without giving."

"Be the soul provider for your children."

"ASAP-Always Say A Prayer."

"The best vitamin for a Christian is B1."


I love these little sayings.
Leave a comment-I'd love to hear which one has spoken to your heart today?"


4 comments:

  1. Hey Kathy! I like the ATM sign. It's something I can easily remember! :-) And the ASAP. It's going to change the way I use that term. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for telling me about this post - I love it! My favorite one is "Practice makes perfect, so be careful what you practice."

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...